Prepared for Tarboro's Productivity
Tarboro, North Carolina’s labor force is prepared through strong secondary schools, a business-focused community college and area universities and colleges. The make-up of the labor force is diverse, including skilled office, technical, health care, manufacturing and distribution workers, and professional employees.
- Edgecombe County 25,338
- Rocky Mount MSA Population 143,063
- Recruiting Area Population 239,772
- MSM Civilian Force 68,958
- North Carolina is a right-to-work state.
- Tarboro, North Carolina is served Edgecombe County Public School System (www.ecps.us), as well as several private and parochial schools in the area. Tarboro is also home to Edgecombe County's first K-12 NC public charter school. North East Carolina Prep School has a current enrolloment over 800 students with projections for continued growth. For more information visit www.necprepschool.com.
- Edgecombe Community College has Tarboro and Rocky Mount campuses offering technical skill training, two-year college transfer, two-year technical, one-year vocation, short term certificate and a continuing education program.
- ECC offers special, customized programs to meet the industrial and business training needs of area employers at little or no cost to the companies.
- East Carolina University, NC’s third largest and fastest growing university, is located 25 miles away in Greenville and offers 103 undergraduate degree tracks and 96 graduate-level programs. The Schools and Colleges include the Brody School of Medicine, Arts & Sciences, Business, Education, Fine Arts and Communication, Technology and Computer Science, Health and Human Performance, Human Ecology, Allied Health Sciences and Nursing.
- NC Wesleyan College is a four-year coeducational liberal arts college located in nearby Rocky Mount and offering a full curriculum of undergraduate programs as well as educational opportunities for residential, commuting and adult students.
- Barton College in nearby Wilson offers over 40 majors and programs. Its academic schools include Arts and Sciences, Behavioral Sciences, Business, Education and Nursing.
- NC State University, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Duke University, NC Central University, Meredith College andPeace College are located just over an hour’s drive from Tarboro.
For more information, please contact:
The Carolinas Gateway Partnership, Inc.